It is a ceramic based coating that goes on very thin (1/2 to 1 MIL) but is very tough. It has a chemical resistance to just about everything you can put on it including paint strippers, it is very flexible, and above all it looks awesome. It can be done in all kinds of patterns, solid colors, two tone, and comes in about 100+ colors. Cerakote generates no VOC’s so they are safe for the environment.
ABOUT CERAKOTE ® CERAMIC COATINGS
Cerakote ® Coatings improve performance and reliability over conventional finishes. This state-of-the-art coating technology out-performs any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real world applications.
- Superior wear resistance
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Impact & scratch resistant
- Maximum adhesion
- Low dry-film thickness
- Maximum hardness
- Glacier Series can withstand up to 2000 degrees
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Extreme flexibility
- High surface coverage
- Easy application, smooth consistent finish
- VOC exempt in all 50 states
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Can be applied to many substrates such as metal, composites, plastics, and more.
When we say FLEXIBILITY we mean:
- Cerakote® can undergo a 32% elongation without distortion or coating loss. ASTM D522
When we say DURABILITY we mean:
- Cerakote® products can withstand 160 in-lbs impact with no coating loss. ASTM D2794
When we say HARDNESS we mean:
- Cerakote® has a 9h hardness rating, the highest hardness rating that can be achieved. ASTM D3363